Last Sunday Frank and I ate so many of these Parmesan Rosemary Oven Fries in the middle of the afternoon that we didn’t want dinner. It’s not the most well-rounded meal all on its own, but it was most definitely satisfying.
These oven fries are nearly impossible to resist because they are coated in grated parmesan and rosemary before baking. It gives the fries a flavorful crunch.
These oven fries were my pick for this month’s Secret Recipe Club. The recipe is from Daily Dish Recipes, a blog by Nicole’s that I’ve been following for a long time. She has five – FIVE – teenagers! She somehow manages all that comes with being a mom to that crew while still making beautiful family friendly recipes, like this Texas Sheet Cake and this Moist Sweet Cornbread.
Finally though, I just couldn’t resist these oven fries which I adapted just a bit from Nicole’s Garlic Parmesan Oregano version. If you’ve never made oven fries like this, you must. That crisp coating makes all the difference.
- 4 Medium Potatoes
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place a wire rack over a baking sheet.
- Scrub the potatoes and slice each into 8-10 wedges. Transfer to a large bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Using your hands, toss the potatoes in the olive oil until well coated.
- Combine the parmesan, salt, and rosemary in a flat-bottomed bowl. Dredge each potato wedge in the cheese mixture to coat on all sides and place them on the prepared wire rack.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through and golden on the outside.