Introducing Molly and Clara

by Jess on May 16, 2014

in Family, Jess and Frank

IMG_2386

Greetings from the other side of some kind of newborn time-warp. When I came up for air this week, we had two three-week olds who are starting to take in the world (which for them is mostly just our apartment) and with whom I am completely in love.

IMG_9316

It seems that my arms are virtually always occupied by a baby these days, and when they’re not, I like to do something really frivolous. Like take a shower.

This blog has been neglected, but I sense that we’re finding our way into a new sort of normal.

IMG_9328

So after a bit of a delay, I’m thrilled to introduce Molly Margaret and Clara Jane, born April 21 at 2:35pm and 2:36pm, respectively.

April 21 is also my birthday, which means that it will forever be a cake-filled day for our family.

IMG_2285

IMG_2168

Molly and Clara have, of course, kept us busy these past few weeks. It’s been a blur of diapers and feeding and too-short naps. As much as I can, I’m soaking up these cuddly newborn days when they love being held and make adorable milk-drunk faces and squeak in their sleep.

IMG_2175

IMG_2361

Even though there is hardly time now to reflect much about these newborn days, I am aware of the significance of this fleeting time when they are so small and so new. It’s been amazing. I wouldn’t trade a single sleep-deprived moment.

IMG_2425

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Katie (The Muffin Myth) May 16, 2014 at 10:41 pm

They’re so beautiful, Jess! And I love that you share a birthday with your girls. How lovely!

2 dana May 17, 2014 at 11:30 am

oh my word, too much cuteness to take in! congrats Jess! They’re precious. Looking forward to more updates!
dana recently posted..Vegan Cheddar Jalapeno BiscuitsMy Profile

3 Debra May 17, 2014 at 9:50 pm

So many congrats! They are beautiful and you are truly blessed. Keep cuddling.
Debra recently posted..Garden UpdateMy Profile

4 Ashley May 18, 2014 at 6:33 am

They are so so beautiful! Congrats to you guys!! And I just LOVE that you share a birthday with them – so special!
Ashley recently posted..Crispy Baked Asparagus with Honey Sriracha Dipping SauceMy Profile

5 Cassie May 20, 2014 at 7:57 pm

Congratulations, Jess. They are beautiful!
Cassie recently posted..Spicy Jalapeno Crab DipMy Profile

6 Lyn May 29, 2014 at 11:28 am

how beautiful and cute can they be! We can’t wait to meet them :)

7 Jess May 30, 2014 at 10:39 pm

Yes Lyn!!! Can’t wait to see you guys – we’re finally getting back out and about over here, so let’s get together soon. Miss you two!

8 Joy Clarke June 10, 2014 at 3:05 am

Congratulations! Your girls are so precious. I’ve really been enjoying reading your blog. I’m 40.5 weeks pregnant and your pictures make me more excited than ever to meet my little boy.

9 Jess June 11, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Thanks so much for your note, Joy!! And congratulations on your little guy – sounds like he will be here any day! It’s been so much fun – you have lots to look forward to. :)